Ahead of the highly anticipated 2023/24 season, KCCA FC, the 13-time UPL champions, bid farewell to several players whose contracts have reached their conclusion or have been mutually terminated. These departures have sparked mixed reactions from the public, given the outstanding performances displayed by some of these players during the previous season.
The players leaving the club include:
– Benjamin Ochan: The club captain, serving KCCA FC for his third stint, concluded his two-year contract signed in 2021.
– Brian Aheebwa: A three-year contract signed in 2020 reached its end, marking the departure of the talented forward.
– Ali Mwirusi Ramadhan: The goalkeeper, a graduate of the KCCA Soccer Academy, saw his contract come to an end after spending most of his time on trials.
– Geofrey Wasswa: Despite his exceptional performances last season, Wasswa’s two-year contract from 2021 to 2023 concluded, leaving mixed emotions among fans.
– Brian Majwega: The midfielder’s two-year contract signed in 2021 expired, resulting in his departure from the club.
– Allan Okello: Returning on a season-long loan from AC Paradou, Okello’s loan deal ended, marking his exit from KCCA FC.
– Mustafa Kizza: Rejoining the club for the second half of the 2022/23 season on a short-term contract, Kizza’s agreement will expire on 31st July.
– Brian Kayanja: After joining in 2021 on a three-year contract, Kayanja’s agreement with the club was mutually terminated. He had been loaned to Maroons for the latter part of the 2022/23 season.
– Denis Iguma: Similarly, Iguma’s contract was mutually terminated after initially joining KCCA FC in 2020 for two years, followed by an extension until 2024.